over a quarter of a year old.
even crazier to think that this time last year i was violently sick in the first trimester of pregnancy...
or that two years ago i was in the middle of crazy wedding planning mode. well, not that crazy. but semi-crazy wedding planning mode.
and now we have a 4 month old beautiful girl.
God is Good.
- personality - charley smiles and giggles soo much. granted she has also reached a new decibel in her screaming, but she is generally a very happy baby. she "talks" more and more each day, making news sounds and changing the pitch of her voice. i got very excited when she started making the "da" and "ya" sounds this month...fly boy did not quite share in my over-the-top-enthusiasm, but was still excited. she definitely recognizes both of us as mommy and daddy now, but still loves to be held by other people. i've also noticed she rarely throws a tantrum when we are out in public or around other people...my little social butterfly.
- moving - she has figured out how to roll onto her side, and will rock back and forth from one side to another on her playmat in order to see people around her. charley still throws a fit during tummy time, but will go for 5-10 minutes doing the "baby push-ups" before she gets frustrated, gives up and screams. still, it's improvement. i'm waiting on the grabbing-the-toes-and-sticking-them-in-her-mouth phase to begin...she's very close!
- clothes - mostly 6 months. some 6-9 months, some 9 months. size two diapers. i still gush over her rolls.
- daily schedule - knock on wood, she is still my rock-star sleeper. she generally gets up between 7 and 8:30 am, has a 30 minute nap around 9ish, up to an hour nap around noon, and sometimes another 30 minute nap in the late afternoon...and is ready for bed by 7 on the dot every night. if we can only someday be so lucky with baby #2.
- lucy - charley has been more interested in lucy everyday it seems...and lucy is more taken with charley (as evidenced by the series below.) charley has started to grab at lucy's fur, and lucy just licks. its adorable.
- fly boy - i LOVE that charley has a special smile just for fly boy...she smiles, then shyly turns away, then looks back at him and smiles again. melts.my.heart. no doubt she is already a daddy's girl.
very taken with her hands....
she does this face a lot...biting her bottom lip and looking off...
we call this series the "drive by lick"
it's pretty common in our house.
i love you more everyday sweet charlotte lee.
you are a true blessing in our life.