Thursday, October 13, 2011

no longer my own

i know every mom out there will be quick to tell you, your life is no longer your own once you become a mother. 

i got my first dose of this reality check only a few weeks into the pregnancy when the "morning" sickness began. (ps: morning sickness is NOT limited to the hours of 12AM-11AM or whenever you want to consider the "morning"...)

case-in-point

this is the result of being 22 weeks pregnant, still feeling the effects of morning sickness, you have started to paint your toes, then had to spend the remainder of the morning in the bathroom.

i may or may not have had to choose what shoes (toms, because they are close-toed) i wore to bible study this morning because of how my toes looked. 

my life is no longer my own.

2 comments:

  1. I would have finished them for you. Still taking your meds? Do whatever you have to in order to feel good!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best consolation is that all of the discomfort results in such a great reward in the end. And you will forget about it - I promise!

    ReplyDelete