Wednesday, May 9, 2012

midweek confessions


its that time of the week again...thanks E Myself and I for the link-up

- today's to-do list has gone to the wayside.  i've spent most of the day in the glider in charley's nursery rocking her.  we have officially hit the 2 month fussy peak (at least i sure hope this is the peak!)

- i'm thankful to have an excuse to not do everything on my list and have to cuddle/rock charley all day.

- a friend invited me over for dinner tonight and i offered to make dessert.  because of said fussiness my "homemade" dessert is going to consist of going to publix and picking up a cake. ugh.

- i think "cool moms" use cloth diapers.  i so want to be one of those "cool moms."  unfortunately my "i hate to be wet for more than five seconds" daughter still goes through 16 diapers per day...there is no way i can do that much extra laundry each day.  i'll have to hold off on being a "cool mom" for now.

- i have changed charley's diaper no less than 3 times while trying to write this post.

- the only "perfume" i have been wearing for the last two months is baby milk...and i think it smells pretty good.

- i'm embarrassed i actually wrote that last confession.

- i know i use quotations way too much.  but i have no plans of limiting my use of quotations.

- my shoe size has gone up at least a half size since per-pregnancy.   i almost cried when i was trying on my spring/summer shoes and realized half of them don't fit.  i'm have no intention of giving them away yet...maybe my feet will go back to normal (but probably not.)  here's to hoping!

3 comments:

  1. I'm far from a "cool mom," but I do cloth diaper. I have twins who will be two next week and I've been cloth diapering since they were about 2 1/2 months old (they were too small for the cloth diapers until then). Have you looked into the different options for cloth? There are tons of different styles. The laundry isn't bad. Trust me. Once you get into the swing of things, it just becomes part of the routine. I actually like washing the diapers (even the poopy ones). How's that for a confession?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an honest confessional post...love it and I can relate to it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the honesty!! Maybe your feet will shrink. I would hate for you to have to waste good shoes and spend money...actually the second part may not be so bad :)

    ReplyDelete