Thursday, October 18, 2012

the big 3-0

it happened.
a new decade.

and fly boy truly outdid himself this year.

he woke me up (before charley got up) with his traditional, delicious breakfast in bed.


we went to dinner to my favorite restaurant in town with my brother and sister-in-law.
jess even made me a cake...yellow with chocolate frosting, my favorite!


since our birthdays are only 2 months apart, we decided to take a mini vacation to celebrate both of us turning 30.  just for the weekend, we went to a nearby beach, stayed in a fantastic hotel, and really had a perfect weekend.

only being an hour away, we took our time saturday morning getting packed, but were still able to spend several hours at the beach and pool in the afternoon.  the hotel had a wonderful restaurant, so we didn't have to travel far, just took the elevator down to the 1st floor.   and charley was a doll.


i couldn't have asked for a better birthday.
i would say i'm not sure how i am going to top it for fly boy's upcoming birthday, but i have a few tricks up my sleeve as well.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment