Wednesday, September 11, 2013

because i can

because i can, a few more of charley's 18 month pictures.
i'm her mom, i get to do that.
and she is the one who made me a mama.
and a small part of me worries that when baby girl no. 2 comes instead of my heart growing bigger, i will have less room time to love my first little girl.

i know it's not rational, but every night when i kiss charley, i worry.  
i worry that because the girls will be so close in age i will run out of time for charley. 
i know it's irrational.
i know it's untrue.
but i still worry.

so i hug her a few extra seconds.
and give her an extra kiss goodnight.

she makes fly boy's deployment bearable.
she makes me smile when i want to cry.
she comes over, crawls in my lap, and gives me a hug when i do cry.





this little girl has no idea.
no idea the blessing she is in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment