Sunday, April 3, 2011

april fools

fly boy is out in the sandbox somewhere.  usually when he's gone on trips like this, he tends to lose track of what day it is.  this seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out an april fools joke on him.  (i for SURE thought he would have no idea it was april 1st...)

so i sent him a little email including this picture that i photoshopped...


apparently, he only fell for it for a couple of minutes, then remembered it was april fools day.  boo. 

when i told my family about the joke, they had mixed reviews.  my mom, brother and soon-to-be sister all thought it was horrible, mean, crossed the line, absurd, insert your own negative adjective here, they thought it.

my dad thought it was hystarical and creative.

i'm with my dad.  and luckily for me, fly boy got a good laugh out of it too.

happy april!



*DISCLAIMER: we're not pregnant.  not at all.  not even a little.

5 comments:

  1. i am with your dad :-) nice one. i sent my girlfriend in college flowers from the boy she liked once. i thought it was hilarious but most everyone else thought i was pure evil. she has forgiven me and i did get to her right before she made a total fool of herself by thanking him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the same thing on Jonathan while he was still waking up on April 1st - the grogginess didn't last long enough for him to not remember what day it was ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait!?! Are you guys pregnant?


    Well done Carey. After our game of settlers, and the less than restrained comments about the Ohio State University, I choose you in the prank war.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 100% with Mr. Schneck - Always!

    ReplyDelete