Thursday, March 31, 2011

keeping it fresh

a few nights ago, fly boy and i got into a "discussion" while going to bed.  i tend to get frustrated when he goes to bed before me and only takes the pillows off on his side of the bed.  this was one of those nights.  i may have overreacted a little.  in my mind, at the time, i took him leaving the pillows on my side of the bed to mean "i don't care if you sleep next to me, you can just sleep in the guest room for all i care."  ridiculous, i know.   i'd like to think i was tired and grumpy, and that was why i was getting so aggravated, not because i actually think fly boy doesn't want me to sleep in the same bed as him.  at the time, i argued with fly boy, "what am i supposed to think?  do you think leaving the pillows on my side makes me want to come to bed?  it makes a statement!"  like i said, ridiculous.

inspired by one of my friends from college ....saved by the nap, i thought this might be the perfect opportunity to try to "keep our marriage fresh."

the next day, fly boy came home to our newly designed bed...



yep.  i found every pillow in the house and put it on his side of the bed.  just to make my own lil' statement.

how inviting is it now, fly boy?



fortunately for me, fly boy got a kick out of my little practical joke. this may be the start to a fun new aspect of our marriage.  bring it, fly boy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment