Thursday, December 29, 2011

post-christmas confessions


i'm linking up with e myself and i for some post-christmas confessions...

- on december 24th i shamelessly sent my dad out to go get my brother's christmas present for me...and ended up having my brother pick out his own present.  i still haven't paid him back for it yet.

- i cried when i left lucy in pensacola for christmas.  i'd like to blame it on the crazy hormones that come with pregnancy, but really, i would have cried anyway.

- sometimes i look at fly boy's flat stomach and get jealous.  then feel ridiculous for feeling jealous.  then envy him even more when he can so effortlessly bend over to tie his shoes.

- i have spent more time than i want to admit standing in our closet, looking longingly at my per-pregnancy clothes and wondering when we will be reunited again.

- part of me still believes that if i buy a new pair of shoes, it will make everything wrong in my life right again.  (even though i know the feeling will only last a few hours while i wear my new shoes, i am still tempted to go out and buy new shoes for the few hours of careless bliss.)

- i have been daydreaming about getting back to florida and taking down all the christmas decor.  i LOVE getting the house back to "normal" after the holidays.

- i've eaten christmas cookies for breakfast the last three days.

- i almost got away with avoiding doing dirty dishes before i left for our christmas vacation, and fully intended on leaving them in the sink for fly boy to deal with when he got back before me.  much to my dismay, my flight out of florida got delayed four hours, and i had no choice but to wash (and dry) the dishes.  i hate doing dishes.  with a passion.

thanks e for the link-up!

1 comment:

  1. I hate doing dishes too--but I hate a messy kitchen...those two together don't work well!!! Cleaning the kitchen is my LEAST favorite chore of the house work! Loved your confessions!

    ReplyDelete